Are you caught up in drama, freaking out or feeling down? If so, maybe you should try youth counselling.
You're young, you have the world at your feet. It's meant to be the best time of your life, but you feel unhappy, stressed out or lost.
Maybe this sounds likes you?
- I am feeling stressed out, and I just cannot seem to relax
- I'm always caught up in relationship drama and it's doing my head in
- I feel really down all the time, like nothing cheers me up or makes me happy anymore
- I have been partying too hard, and the lows are starting to outweigh the highs.
- I have become obsessed with trying to change my body, to be thinner, more toned, better looking. No matter what I do, I just don't feel good about myself
- I am coming to terms with my gender and/or sexuality, and I just don't know where to turn for support
I get it. Life sucks right now. You want to make a change, but you’re not quite sure how. You want to find someone who gets where you’re coming from and who is willing to work with you to make a difference.
So what’s this youth counselling thing all about?
Youth counselling isn’t just for people experiencing mental health problems or rich people with too much money and time on their hands. It’s for anyone who is having a hard time and just wants things to change. I can’t take the pain away or stop the world from being such a harsh and difficult place, but what I can offer you is to:
- Help you see things differently. To take a new perspective so you don\'t end up in the same rut
- Support you to make the changes you want to make in life
- Listen to you. Not half listen, but actually thinking about my own life. Really listen. I want to hear your story to understand where you are coming from
- Be open-minded. I will not judge you or make assumptions about you. I always remain open and interested in who you are
- I am not in the business of telling you what to do. We work together to figure out what isn’t working and what you can do about it.
Finding the right counsellor is like finding the right partner. You want to find someone you click with, who gets you, and who is going to stand by you no matter how hard things get.
To help you figure out if my approach works for you, here is a bit about me and the way I work:
- I am friendly and down to earth. I am a psychologist, sure, but I am also a person. The way I see it, counselling is about two people sitting down together and solving problems.
- I have worked with heaps of young people from all walks of life, and along the way I have come to understand a lot about the problems they face and the best ways to overcome them. Studying psychology only gets you so far - the best learning comes from working people, like yourself.
- I work with young people because they inspire me. I am passionate about giving young people the opportunity to express themselves and to take charge of their own life.
- I take psychology and therapy and make it useful and relevant. I listen. I care. I get it. And if I don't get it, I listen some more
Find out more about my down to earth, engaging and effective youth counselling services here:
Talking to a random stranger about your personal life can be a bit weird and intimidating. So if you want to chat with me over the phone first, or send me a message, that’s totally fine. Call me on 0420 320 322 for a free 15 minute chat to find out how I can help.